Get ready for World Tourism Day September 27th, 2012 under the theme Tourism & Sustainable Energy: Powering Sustainable Development.
It’s more important that ever to be doing the right thing! Our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint as a business is not only good for our business but great for our customers, our employees, our community and our environment.
What are we doing to make a difference? Here are some of our current efforts to help off-set the impact our business has on the environment.
- Recycle our water bottles
- Unplug policy for computers, appliances and lights in our office at night
- Energy efficient lighting
- Use 100% recycled office paper with a recycling program in place
- Trying to be as paperless as possible by going electronic for as many clients as possible
- Idle-free policy for our vehicles
- Offer contractual shuttle options for companies to transport their employees to/from skytrain stations to encourage skytrain use
- Regular maintenance on all vehicles to ensure less harmful gas emissions
- Speed control training and specific driver training to help reduce emissions
What are we working to implement for our business?
- Eco-friendly cleaning products
- Potential hybrid options for future vehicle purchases
The deeper we dig on this topic and the more we learn only deepens our commitment and keeping track of our progress open up even more future opportunities to reduce, reuse and recycle.
Tweets by @luxurycharters
Most Popular Links
BC Travel Resources
Vancouver Cruise Pier Pickup Procedures
Whistler Weather & the Sea-to-Sky Highway