Ahhhhh, what a blue bird day in Vancouver and Whistler today!
Can’t help but make plans for summer.
There’s a crazy amount of cool events to choose from in Whistler and Vancouver in Summer!
Upcoming Whistler Summer Events…
Whistler Mountain Bike Park is opening May 16th.
Gear up and turn up the adrenaline for way too good of a time in the trails on two wheels.
There are a wide variety of Whistler biking trails to suit all abilities.
GO Fest – Whistler’s Great Outdoors Festival runs May 16th – 19th.
A fresh new four day festival celebrating outdoor recreation with a long list of events and activities. Join the play party!
Tough Mudder – seriously one of the toughest events coming to Whistler June 21st – 22nd.
Time to get your tough on! Or at least watch others challenge themselves with hardcore mental and physical obstacles. So fun!
**Need to get to Whistler or from Whistler with your bike??
We have new and incredibly spacious Sprinter Vans in our fleet that easily transport your group and bikes to and from Whistler.
Contact us for a quote on getting you and your bike to or from Whistler this summer.
Upcoming Vancouver Summer Events…
Cirque De Soleil presents Totem in Vancouver from May 16th – July 6th.
An amazing and impressive journey of the human species in true Cirque De Soleil artistic style.
Stanley Parks Miniature Train now open!
A unique way to take in Stanley Park in all its beauty! It has become one of Vancouver’s most popular attractions and offers different themes throughout the seasons.
Vancouver International Children’s Festival May 27th – June 1st.
A lively and colourful annual festival of performing arts for children and families since 1978. Educating, entertaining and inspiring or all!
Happy Summer Planning!
Mother’s Day Special!
With Mother’s Day approaching this Sunday it’s that time to celebrate all those wonderful Moms out there!
Book any one of fabulous Private Tours between now and this Sunday and receive 10% off your booking…
– Vancouver Half Day Tour: 4-hour Vancouver City Tour designed to capture a few of the ‘greats’ of our City.
– Vancouver Full Day Tour: 8-hours of exploring Vancouver’s hot spots and greatest landmarks.
– Langley Wine Tour: Awaken your senses with a 4 or 6-hour tour with tastings and lunch/dinner options.
– Victoria Day Tour: A 12-hour day trip to Victoria to enjoy Butchart Gardens and downtown Victoria.
*Your certificate is good to use for the spring and summer months right through to September!
It is no surprise that Vancouver exudes culinary expertise!
We are plentiful in well known restaurant giants as well as unique hot spots and hidden gems throughout the city. Congrats to all those recognized in Vancouver Magazine’s 25th Annual Restaurant Awards…
- Hawksworth – Best Upscale Restaurant
- Thomas Haas – Pastry Chef of the Year
- Tableau Bar Bistro – Best Casual French
- Cioppino’s – Best Upscale Italian
- Campagnolo Roma – Best Casual Italian
- Maenam – Best Thai
- Vij’s – Best Indian
- Blue Water Café and Raw Bar – Best Seafood and Best Yaletown
- Cactus Club – Best Casual Chain and Best Downtown (Coal Harbour location)
- Araxi – Best Whistler
- Homer St. Café and Bar – Best New Design
- Brian Hopkins (Sutton Place Hotel), Denisa Johnova (Hawksworth) and Francois Rameau (Don Francesco) – Premier Crew
- Mike Bernardo (Vij’s) – Sommelier of the Year
- The Parker – Green Award
This post is making me hungry!!
Dine Out Vancouver!
Vancouver welcomes the Dine Out Vancouver food & wine festival every year.
Every early new year over 200 restaurants across the city will dazzle you with three-course dinners and dilectible wine pairings.
With the new drinking and driving laws, be sure to book your SUV, Sprinter Van or mini-bus for your private dinner transfer.
Get a quote for your transportation for this memorable and much anticipated event!
That cold and transition to wet season is upon us!
Here are a few awesome Whistler and Vancouver sights that will help you make the best of those cold, sometimes snowy, rainy days upon us in Vancouver and Whistler…
– Take a ride through beautiful Stanley Park, historic Gas Town, China Town, and English Bay’s waterfront splendor.
– Visit the Vancouver Aquarium
– Enjoy the arts at the Vancouver Art Museum
– Check out the exhibits at Science World
– Take in the entertainment and eats at Granville Island Public Market
– Make a day trip or overnight trip to Whistler and explore up the Whistler Blackcomb Gondola
-Hit downtown Vancouver’s shopping hub and shop till you drop!
We can customize a simple roundtrip transfer for you or an entire tour or day trip, all depending on what you’re looking for.
It’s time to get your staff organized for a Corporate day trip Vancouver excursion. Get out of the office for a Corporate day trip or team building adventure!
Vancouver and Whistler have so much to offer in this regard. Here are a few..
Harbour Cruise in Vancouver offers a most unique boat experience. Enjoy food, drinks, entertainment, lunch or dinner and surround yourself with city skyline and brilliant coastal mountain ranges. They are open year-round and some of their more popular cruises include a Sunset Dinner Cruise, Luncheon Cruise, and the Carol Ship Parade of Lights!
Located on the beautiful Sea to Sky, half way between Vancouver and Whistler you’ll find Britannia Mine Museum, an award-winning non-profit museum in Britannia Beach. They offer guided tours and impactful exhibits that include a mine train, gold panning, a play area for children and underground demonstrations.
They were voted the “Best Attraction” for the Sea-to-Sky and Whistler area.
Ziptreck Ecotours in Whistler is geared to take your team on an adventure to remember! Their Whistler Zipline Tours are a blend of education and adventure. Choose from their Ziptreck Eagle Tour, Ziptreck Bear Tour, Mammoth Tour, Treetreck Canopy Walk, or Ziptreck Peak 2 Peak.
Whistler Blackcomb Summer Mountain Top Dining!
Travel with your team on a day excursion along the Sea-to-Sky highway all the way up Whistler Blackcomb Mountain for some summer hiking and a mountain top BBQ. It runs on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings at the Roundhouse Lodge on Whistler Mountain. Choose from whole hog Fridays, slow roasted prime rib Saturdays or pacific seafood grill Sundays. Yum yum!
Contact Luxury Transport to help plan your next Corporate event or team building excursion!
Adventure awaits you and your team!