It’s more important that ever to be doing the right thing! Our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint as a business is not only good for our business but great for our customers, our employees, our community and our environment.
We have become a plastic-water-bottle-free company over these past couple of years! Despite our best efforts to recycle them we worried about the ones that got away from us and were bound for the landfills. No more plastic water bottles and we are super excited about that.
We also are so excited about adding another two new Tesla’s to the fleet! The electric vehicles movement is quickly changing transportation at its core and we are thrilled to be changing with it and allowing these positive changes to help shape us as a company.
What else are we doing to make a difference?
Here are some of our current efforts to help off-set the impact our business has on the environment.
- Recycle our waste
- Unplug policy for computers, appliances and lights in our office at night
- Energy efficient lighting
- Use 100% recycled office paper with a recycling program in place
- Trying to be as paperless as possible by going electronic for clients and vendors where possible
- Idle-free policy for our vehicles
- Offer contractual shuttle options for companies to transport their employees to/from Skytrain stations to encourage Skytrain use and lessen the number of personal vehicles on the roads.
- Regular maintenance on all vehicles to ensure less harmful gas emissions
- Speed control training and specific driver training to help reduce emissions
What are we working to implement for our business?
- Eco-friendly cleaning products
- Additional hybrid and electric options for future vehicle purchases
- Initiatives for more team building and awareness for our employees
- Goals to maintain our support for our regular local charities that share in the same green goals for change
- To continue to build on our knowledge of environmental impact and creative ways to make positive change
The deeper we dig on this topic and the more we learn only deepens our commitment and keeping track of our progress open up even more future opportunities to reduce, reuse and recycle.
Get ‘in the know’ regarding World Tourism Day under the theme Tourism, Community Development and Powering Sustainable Development that takes place every September!